Covid-19 Policy and Protocols
Per Governor Holcomb’s order, optometry offices are now allowed to re-open, with specific safety measures in place. As we re-open, we will be following all CDC guidelines to protect staff and patients from COVID-19.
Following are some of the new protocols we have put in place to further protect our patients and staff:
- Our doors will remain locked. We are currently seeing patients by appointment only. That means you will need to call to schedule if you need an adjustment, want to pick up glasses or contacts, or would like an eye exam. We have spaced our appointments to minimize the number of people in the office at one time to allow for the appropriate social distancing.
- Because we are now by appointment only, our office hours may fluctuate. We will close the office after we have seen all scheduled patients for the day, or may open later if our first appointments of the day aren’t filled.
- When scheduling and confirming your appointment, we will be asking several questions about your current health, getting your insurance information, and completing any necessary forms remotely prior to your appointment.
- We will ask you to call from your car when you arrive for your appointment. Your car is now the waiting room. You will be notified by phone to enter the office at which time you will be asked to use hand sanitizer provided by us, and your temperature will be taken with a non-contact thermometer prior to being taken to an exam room.
- You will be asked to wear a mask or face covering. We will be wearing them too along with our new scrubs.
- Please bring only yourself.
- We won’t be scheduling any appointments between the hours of 12-1 in order to do a midday cleaning and sanitization.
We know things will seem different for a while, but you can be assured we will still be providing the same quality, personalized eyecare that we always have. And we promise we will be smiling behind our masks when we see you! We’ve missed you!
Dr. Lynn Burford and staff